Sunday, July 11, 2010

Guess Who Hasn't Been Packing?

Remember how I yammered about positivity? Also remember how I pissed and moaned about my stuff and nothing fitting it? Welp, I got some positivity back because I found the cheapest (of my options) way of moving my stuff without having to lose my stuff, and the answer was Door to Door.  If you need to move, I'd recommend it because they are friendly and helpful.  I reserved two containers (one is a back-up which I can even get refunded back if I don't use it--score!) to load up and have shipped out to wait for me in Cali when Keith and I make our way out of the Garden State.

Keith has finally made his way back to the East Coast.  Tomorrow I am supposed to go down and see him and his family. Tuesday I'm going back to Delaware to pack up all of my stuff that's down there, which I'm sure is more than I realize, and stuff it into the Door to Door containers.  Meanwhile, I've been avoiding packing like it's the plague, and so it has obviously come back to bite me in the ass.  I clearly have tons of stuff in New Jersey to pack and I am suddenly overwhelmed and completely stressed. I've been trying to organize and put my life together since my parents told me I'm not allowed to leave anything behind.  I'm one of those people who when they see a mountain gets overwhelmed and has no clue where to start and then starts on the smallest, most banal task there is.


Forgive the awful Photobooth quality of it, but this is to give you an idea of what I'm up against.  Also forgive the pink carpet against the fabulously teal walls--we didn't have the time or funds to recarpet my room, so I hid it with my stuff. Excellent plan, yes? PS I bet you can't take a guess on what my favorite color is based on the color of my room as well as my blog. HA.

Nevertheless, none of this furniture is coming with me to Cali, except the CD tower hiding in the back. I've been trying to organize and throw things out, but I feel like I'm not doing such a hot job. But for now, it's 2:35 AM, so I really need to get to bed so I can wake up early and then try to do some more organizing. Pray to sweet baby Jesus in the golden manger to give me the strength, courage, and cajones to knock this out preferably around the end of the World Cup final.  Lord beer me strength. 

3 comments:

  1. If you come to Jersey and pick them up, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god...your room looks like your blog. The colors...not the mess.

    ReplyDelete