Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Final Countdown


That was absolutely necessary.

Today is my last full day in New Jersey.  My plans for it are as such:

  • Finish packing up my clothes (SO. MANY. CLOTHES.)
  • Sprucing up my bedroom a bit so my parents can stop complaining
  • Getting my last haircut for a while from my mom.  My mom has been the only person to ever cut my hair (except the first time I donated it because she was too scared) and I just don't think I can enter the world of paying for my own haircuts.  You can tell me I'm growing up, but I'd still rather say, "Hey Mom? Can you cut my hair after dinner?" Luckily, since I'm a girl, I'm allowed to grow my hair out without looking like too much of an asshole, unlike my brother, who works for the government.
  • Packing the rest of my crap in my car.  My dad and stepmom gave Keith and I a toaster oven, which prompted me to squeal with glee.  My grandma also gave us a proper pasta pot.  These two boxes take up more room than you think they should.  
This is what I'd like to fit in my car:
  • My clothes
  • My bag of toiletries 
  • My duffel of stuff I'll actually wear across the road
  • My bag of important and possibly breakables
  • My teacher bag with various items in it
  • My toaster over, pasta pot, and bitchin' fish fishbowl (I have a thing for fishes)
  • I'd really like to also fit in my cd tower and my two potted plants and bamboo, but they might have to stay home with my mom. 
I think that's it. 

After I do all of that, I'll say goodbye to my mom, stepdad, and sister, cry for a bit, and then stop by my dad's and say goodbye to my dad and stepmom, cry some more, and then drive to Keith's.  I'll spend the night at Keith's, and then on Monday morning, away we go. 

I will try to update from the road, but we'll see how that all pans out.  If not, I'll see you in California.

New Jersey, I love you so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment